Edutec Fabricators LTD manufactures all kinds of rolling doors and components for roller shutter systems for over 12 years, such as aluminum alloy rolling door, steel rolling door, PC transparent rolling door, pulling door and garage doors, the components roll-formed and extruded rolling shutter profiles end slats, guide rails, shutter boxes, end caps, octagonal tubes, manual drives.
Types and operation
- Built-on roller shutter door
- Describes the type where the roller shutter box is fixed to the exterior of the building facade.
Built-on roller shutters are built
onto the surface of the installation. This means that their rails and
shutter boxes will be visible on your window frames and door frames.
However, they are designed bearing
this fact in mind. As such, their rails and shutter boxes can look very
appealing. They are also cheaper and easier to install than built-in roller shutters.
- Built-in roller shutter doors
- Where the roller shutter box is built into the lintel above the window. Built-in roller shutters are built into
the frame of your windows and doors. This helps to hide many of their
components, which is great for residential properties or modern office
spaces. When the roller shutters are opened, your roller shutters
disappear from view. This makes them very appealing to those prioritizing aesthetics.
- Integrated roller shutter
- A roller shutter and window combined as a single unit.
- Roller shutter with tilting louvers
- A roller shutter with laths that tilt, similar to an external Venetian blind.The roller shutter with tilting slats tilting allows the perfect regulation of light, air circulation, and protection
of privacy. All this due to the orientation and rotation of the slats.
The tilting roller shutter provides an airtight seal through the perfect fitting of its slats. Therefore, we can achieve complete darkness
when the shutter is down. At night, it prevents the cold from
penetrating the room, providing effective insulation with the blind
closed. Likewise, the blind can be opened to leave the window uncovered.
The Tilting rolling shutter is made of aluminum alloy. It is
embellished and protected with high-quality paints, which are applied
and heat-strengthened through a continual process.
- With gear drive from the shutter roller traced through the building
facade to a universal joint on the room side that is operated by a
cranked winding handle.
Manual roller shutters, as the name
suggests, are operated manually. They connect to a handle which you can
turn to open or close them.
Because they are made from fewer and
cheaper elements, they are usually cheaper than their alternative –
electric roller shutters. This makes them a popular choice amongst those
who are trying to minimize costs.
- Manual tape
- A tape drive around a flange on the roller is traced through the
building facade with pulley guides to an inertia reel on the room side:
- Spring Assist
- Spring assist roller shutters are operated by manually lowering or
lifting the handle which is mounted to the curtain end slat. Most cost
effective solutions for securing small spaces.
- Motorized / Electric
- With a tubular motor fitted within the roller axle tube. Automatic
operation can be added. Controlled with a smartphone, remote or
Electric roller shutters are more
expensive to install and maintain than manual roller shutters. However,
they are a lot more convenient.
They allow you to open and close your
shutters with just the click of a button. You don’t have to exert any
physical strength. You can even connect them to solar panels to decrease
your electricity costs.
Many property owners or homeowners,
especially those with limited mobility and many shutters, find that the
convenience of electric roller shutters makes them well worth their
Transparent Roller Shutters
Transparent roller shutters provide
greater visibility than their aluminum counterparts. They are rising in
popularity, especially for doors and windows that overlook beautiful
gardens or scenery.
- Extruded or roll formed steel, aluminium or stainless steel. Single or multi wall. Hollow or insulated designs.
- Roller (or axle tube)
- Steel, aluminium tube supported at either end by an end plate.
- Shutter box
- Formed steel or aluminium extrusion box designed to protect shutter’s internal components.
- Shutter spring
- Spring wire. Made from the spring wire, it also called torsion spring.
- Flat spring. Formed by hardened and tempered steel strips in coils. Common steel grades C67, CK67, SAE1070, etc.
- Guide rail (or track)
- Steel or aluminium to retain the shutter curtain within the opening.
Weather sealed to increase product lifetime and reduce operating
- Bottom slat
- Steel, aluminium or PVC to match the rest of the roller shutter
curtain. Safety edge or rubber weather seal to reduce draught can be
- Important part of roller shutter used to manually secure the curtain
slats in place. Can be locked with slide lock and bullet lock. Slim key
locks are installed within the end slat and have bars that securely
lock shutter into the guide rails.